Why we sleep
- Feature article – Why we sleep
- Your body is clever and knows what it’s doing, so if the body wants to sleep trust that basic need.
- Missing out on good sleep habits sets yourself up for problems, like a weaker immune system.
- Need to break negative habits to reclaim sleep rhythm eg no screens an hour before sleep, no alcoholic night caps
- You can’t catch up on sleep because we can’t build up reserves on sleep unlike camels and their water storage.
- A new habit – study your sleeping patterns
- Sleep enriches a diversity of functions like our ability to learn, memorise and make logical decisions.
- It makes all your other efforts to be healthy way more effective.
- New additions to lending library – Why we sleep (read handout on this for info)
- An introduction – Alex and Joshua
- Music Matters – Weightless by Marconi Union
- Won the world’s most relaxing song for the past four years.
- Walk of the month – Manor Woods Valley, Bedminster
- Of timeless appeal
- The Major Premise
- The Chiropractic Meaning of Life
- Can chiropractic help with? – Sleep
- On your behalf – donated £500 for The Lord Mayor of Bristol’s Children Appeal